Rosemary and thyme infused grilled chicken in a bowl of linguine covered in tomato basil sauce
Yields: 4-5 servings, Prep Time: 15 mins, Total Time: 25 mins
WHAT YOU NEED:
500 gms linguine
2 chicken breasts
3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
7 cloves of garlic, 5 chopped & 2 crushed
1/4 cup basil, chopped
1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
Salt and Pepper
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
1. Pour 2 tablespoon olive oil over chicken. Rub thyme, rosemary, and salt over it. Set aside to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes.
2. Bring water to boil in a large pot over a high flame. Add crushed garlic to it.
3. Add linguine. Make sure it is completely immersed in water. Then add 2 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt in the pot.
4. Reduce the heat to a medium flame, and let it cook for around 8-10 minutes. Strain and set aside. Make sure to throw away the garlic.
5. Heat some olive oil in a saucepan over a medium flame. Sautée onions, chopped garlic, and tomatoes. Add a cup of water to it. Cover with lid and let it cook for 15 minutes or till the mixture softens.
6. Add this in a mixer and purée it. Add the puréed mixture back in the saucepan and heat it over a low flame.
7. Add basil, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer sauce to a bowl/jar and set aside.
8. Grill chicken over a pan on a medium flame for around 15-20 minutes. Keep turning sides in intervals. Once done, take it off the pan and roughly chop it.
9. Finally, put it all together in a bowl. First add linguine and a dash of olive oil, then add chicken, and top it off with some sauce. Mix it well. Sprinkle some shredded parmesan over it. Dig in!
You can use spaghetti/pasta instead of linguine too.
Use fresh and ripe tomatoes for the sauce.
Add some butter in the sauce, and throw in some roasted garlic in the linguine to enhance the flavor.