Creamy mashed potatoes garnished with chives
Yields: 4-6 servings, Total Time: 15-20 mins
WHAT YOU NEED:
4 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
1 cup heavy cream
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup cheddar, grated
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 - 4 sprigs of chive, chopped (optional)
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
1. Grate the boiled potatoes and keep aside.
2. In a saucepan, pour 1/2 cup heavy cream, and heat it over a medium - low flame. Add the grated potatoes and stir continuously. Slowly add the rest of the heavy cream.
3. Now add garlic, and mix well. Let it cook for a minute or two, while stirring occasionally. Add cheddar cheese, butter, and stir.
4. Add salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to a low flame, and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with chopped chives, or add a small slab of butter before serving.