Mango yogurt and chai flavored ice-cream bars
Yields: 5 of each, Total time: 15 mins
WHAT YOU NEED FOR MANGO LASSI BARS:
2 ripe mango
1 cup greek yogurt
3-4 tbsp sugar/honey
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
WHAT YOU NEED FOR CHAI BARS:
6-8 inches of ginger, sliced
3-4 tsp black tea
2 green cardamom
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp sugar
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO FOR MANGO LASSI BARS:
1. Chop the mango flesh. Purée it, add sugar/honey and mix well.
2. Add water to greek yogurt and beat it. Add more water if required, but make sure that it's not too thick or too runny.
4. Blend yogurt, mango purée, and heavy cream.
5. Pour this mixture into moulds (I've added some chopped mango pieces as well).
6. Set it in the freezer for about 3-4 hours before serving.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO FOR CHAI BARS:
1. Boil water over a high flame. Crush ginger pieces and cardamom lightly and add it in water.
2. When it starts boiling, add black tea and let it brew for about 2 minutes (brew longer if you want the tea to be stronger).
3. Lower the heat to a medium flame. Pour milk and stir. Brew for another 3-4 minutes. Bring the mixture to a full boil and stir. When it turns a darker shade of brown than it was previously, take it off heat and strain it.
4. Add cream and sugar and mix well (add more sugar if need be).
5. Pour into moulds and let it chill in the freezer overnight.