Grilled barbecue chicken cubes and chunky avocado slices tossed in a bed of green leaves and veggies, topped with parsley vinaigrette dressing.
Yields: 8 servings, Prep Time: 10 mins, Cooking Time: 20 mins,
Inactive Time: 20 mins to 1hr
WHAT YOU NEED:
4 thin sliced chicken breasts
3 avocados, sliced
1/2 red onion, cut in circular slices
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
3 small radishes, sliced
2 packets spring mix salad leaves (red and green romaines, red and green oak leaf, lollo rosa, tango, baby spinach, red and green chard, mizuna, arugula, frisee, radicchio)
3 carrots, cut in thin slices
1/2 cup smoked bbq sauce
A handful of parsley leaves
2 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
1. Cut the chicken breasts in small cubes. Place it in a bowl. Add bbq sauce, salt and pepper. Mix it all well. Let it marinate for an hour. If you're in a hurry, try to marinate it for at least 15-20mins before cooking.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and cook chicken over a medium flame for 10-15mins or until they become tender.
3. Mix salad leaves, tomatoes, onions, radishes, carrots, avocados. Toss in the bbq chicken cubes.
4. For the dressing you can either grind parsley, olive oil, lime and lemon juice, some salt and pepper in a grinder, or you can just fine chop parsley and mix it with oil, lime and lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. Pour dressing over salad and give it a good mix. Serve fresh.
Use fresh ingredients to get a refreshing bowl of salad.
You can add green leaves of your choice too.