Crunchy potato patties stuffed with a spicy mince filling
Yields: 6 servings, Total Time: 25-30 mins
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE MINCE FILLING:
1 bowl of ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 small green Indian chili
2 tsp garlic ginger paste
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp salt
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE POTATO PATTIES:
4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled, and mashed
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup bread crumbs
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO for the mince filling:
1. In a deep pan, heat some vegetable oil over a medium flame. Add the onions, and fry till slightly translucent.
2. Chop the chili and fry it with the onions. Add the ginger garlic paste, pepper, cumin, coriander, salt, turmeric and chili powder. Mix well.
3. Add the beef, and mix well till the spices get well absorbed in it. Lower the heat to a medium - low flame. Cover and cook for 15 mins, or till the beef turns brown.
4. Add some chopped cilantro and mix well. Set aside, and let it cool for a while.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO FOR THE POTATO PATTIES:
1. Make a ball of the mashed potatoes, and create a well in the middle by using your fingers to dig in. Add the mince filling in this well, and close the well. Flatten the ball between your palms to form a patty.
2. Dip the patty first in the beaten eggs, and then the bread crumbs.
3. In a pan, heat some vegetable oil over a medium flame, and fry the patties for 15 - 20 minutes, changing sides occasionally till it turns crispy brown.
4. Serve hot with tomato sauce.