A baked loaf of ground beef mixed with bacon, ham and condiments.
Yields: 5-6 servings, Total Time: 45-50 mins
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 bowl of ground beef
1 small red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup ketchup
4 strips of bacon, fried
3 slices of ham
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
1. In a large bowl, mix beef, onions, garlic, eggs, milk, ketchup, bread crumbs, rolled oats, salt and pepper. Make sure to mix and mash all the ingredients well together.
2. Chop the bacon and ham, and add it to the mixture. Mix well.
3. Mould this mixture into a loaf by pressing on both the sides and the top. It should be soft and mushy to the point that it doesn’t fall apart when slightly lifted.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F / 170 C. Grease a large baking pan with butter or oil, and place the meat loaf in it.
5. Bake it in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes. Check if the meat is cooked by inserting a knife in the middle of the loaf. If cooked well, the knife should come out clean.
6. Take it out of the oven, and brush the top of the loaf with some ketchup. Place it back in the oven, and let it bake for another 15 - 20 minutes.
7. Finally, slice it up and serve with mashed potatoes, or Texas toast.