Fried bread slices soaked in an eggy milk mixture with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Yields: 6 servings, Total Time: 15 mins
WHAT YOU NEED:
6 slices of *stale bread, white or brown
1 cup whole milk
1 tbsp salted butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp sugar
Any kind of fruit (optional)
*bread which is at least 7-8 days old
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
1. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, and sugar for about a minute, or till it turns frothy.
2. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla essence, and whisk well. Add 1/2 tbsp of butter, stir slightly, and set it aside.
3. In a pan, heat the remaining butter over a medium - low flame. Dip the bread slices in the egg and milk batter, and start frying it in the pan over a medium flame. Let it fry for about 3 minutes each, turning it occasionally to make sure that it’s getting cooked on both sides.
4. When the bread gets a nice golden brown glaze on both the sides, take it off the pan and let it cool for a minute.
5. Top it up with some honey and whipped cream, and add some fruits on the side. Dig in!