Herb coated grilled chicken breasts covered in a creamy mushroom sauce.
Yields: 2 servings, Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 chicken breasts, thin cut
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp basil
4 white mushrooms, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp bbq sauce
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
1. Make thin vertical slits on the chicken breasts, and sprinkle the herb mix (thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil) all over it. Add a drizzle of olive oil, and massage the chicken breasts well, making sure that it absorbs all the herbs. Add a dash of salt and massage again. Cover, and set aside for 30 - 40 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over a medium flame. Add the herb marinated chicken breasts, and let it cook for 20 minutes, turning sides occasionally to make sure that it is getting cooked on either side.
3. Check if the chicken is cooked by poking the meatiest portions of the chicken breast with a knife. If it’s cooked well, the knife will go through easily without any resistance.
4. Once cooked, take out the chicken breasts and keep it aside. Heat the same pan on a low flame. Add the heavy cream, garlic, and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms, bbq sauce, a dash of pepper, and stir well. Simmer on a very low flame for 5 minutes, or till
it turns a little thick.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and sprinkle some grated parmesan over it. Serve with steamed rice/sliced baguette bread/boiled baby carrots.