Toasted buttery hot dog buns stuffed with lobster filling.
Yields: 6-8 servings, Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
What you need:
4 lobster tails
6-8 hot dog buns (preferably pepperidge farm top sliced hot dog buns)
4 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
6 parsley leaves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon Salt
4 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
What to do:
1. Make sure that the lobster tails are at room temperature before cooking. You can leave it in the refrigerator overnight or add the tails in a pot of room temperature water for 4-5 hours before cooking.
2. Boil lobster tails in a pot of salted water for 8-10 minutes or until the tails turn red.
3. Once cooked, immediately drain the hot water and place the lobster tails under a tap of cold running water.
4. Scoop out the meat and leave aside.
5. Once the meat has cooled, cut it into small cubes and place it in a bowl.
6. Add mayonnaise, celery, parsley, pepper and a pinch of salt to the meat and mix well.
7. Cover and put this mixture in the freezer for about an hour.
8. Once you're ready to eat the rolls, brush the hotdogs with melted butter and grill it in a pan over a medium flame. Make sure that the top side is facing down. Grill for about a minute or two or till the buns get slightly toasted.
9. Add the lobster filling to the buns. Garnish with melted butter and serve.
P.S In case you don't get lobster tails, you can use any other kind of lobster meat as well. However, the best lobster meat comes from the claws and the tails.
To scoop out lobster meat from tail, flip the tail and using a pair of scissors carefully cut vertically down the belly of the lobster (Be careful of the spiky lobster shell. Use gloves preferably). Then, use a fork to dig into the lobster meat and shove/scoop it out.